Wednesday 12 February 2014

Text for double page spread feature

VIRAJ JUNEJA...
SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING

He started in a small town in West London but now is one of the most loved actors around

He is the latest success story to come out from the UK and is following hot on the heels of some serious brit talent. Born Viraj Juneja the 21 year old is already up for best actor in a leading role at the BAFTA’s. For someone who is only 21 we believe there is so much more to come from him and we see him becoming a worldwide phenomenon. Nothing can stop him...

How did you get started?

Well when I was 16 I used to go to many auditions to play parts in school plays and most of the time I would get the role I would have liked. This made me realise that this is something I enjoy and something I am good at so couple of years later I decided to go and audition for this very low key movie called ‘The End’ and I got the role I wanted and from there I got some agents calling me up and we took it from there.

So it’s been nonstop since then?

Yeah, since that lucky break I got with the end I had agents calling me nonstop and have been asked to play many roles in many different movies. It’s been pretty full on to say the least.
So tell us about how you got in to the E4 drama ‘The Carnage’?
It’s pretty simple to be honest one of the directors within The Carnage is a close mate of mine and he asked me if I was up for a role of this guy who has split personalities, I just couldn’t say no.

Tell us more about your character in the carnage?

One of the main reasons I wanted to play this character is that he is different and unique in a way. The directors had the same vision as me, my character you could say was crazy, delusional and much more this is something I loved.

What does the future hold for you?

I don’t want to give too much away but there are a couple deals in the pipeline for me in movies as well as dramas, it’s all work work work.

Who are your inspirations?

I’d say one of my inspirations would be my granddad as he started from the bottom and worked hard to get where he is. But in the acting scene I would say Idris Elba as he started off small and has now become massive all over the world.

What has been the best moment in your career so far?


I would say getting nominated for a BAFTA, I say this because I am only 21 and I would never in a million years thought I would get nominated for one at such a young age, I am truly honoured. 




No comments:

Post a Comment